Friday, November 03, 2006

Thawing Fingers

The arrival of November has brought the first frost with it. As a matter of fact, the opening day of the month was graced with two minutes of dancing snowflakes. Some rejoiced with heart and voice while others wailed and gnashed their teeth. I was naturally a member of the former crowd. But despite my love of snow and frost, I was forced to turn on my heater for the first time this morning. It was just a little too difficult typing blogs with my mittens on.

*explanatory note of the plant in the corner of this photo: I picked it while out for a forrest ramble. Directly translated from Danish, it's called a Bear's Claw. It turned out to be a good thing that it was dead when I carried it home: it's one of the most poisonous plants in the country! Your skin begins to disolve after contact with a living stem.

2 comments:

Paul said...

looks like you need some wool longjohns. I guess that's what you get for skipping winter last year...

Threads Everywhere said...

I'm with you, Petra! I can't wait to pull the sled! And to belly flop on the snow! I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!