Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Morgenmad"


I was just hit with a wave of guilt. I have misrepresented to you, my dear reader, the typical Vejlefjordskolen breakfast. I have neglected to even mention the wide selection of cereals, fruits, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, crackers, and other edibles that are laid before us every a.m.. The head cooks, in their considerate kindness, even make a point to provide a couple boxes of rice and soy milk each day for their vegan student missionaries. Although she may be miles from personally giving up her fatty treats, no Danish hostess will ever fail to accomodate her guest's special dietary preferences. In fact, she meets each new gastronomical oddity with delight, excited for the chance to test her ingenuity. With five like-minded cooks aboard the kitchen staff, I feast free from care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll gladly trade breakfasts with you. Wait: this time next year you'll be eating like me. better enjoy the good feeding while it lasts:-)