Thursday, January 11, 2007

Brown Goat Cheese


There are many things I savor
about the color brown.
Its constancies don't waiver
as other hues in town.
Where white may fade to grey,
and yellow be unstable,
where orange may pass away,
steady brown is able!

Although I love cows dearly
and though I think them cute,
Not one could serve quite nearly,
as goat in substitute.
A cow will only bellow,
while goats sublimely bleet.
Cows are fat and mellow,
while goats are strong and sweet.

A creature and a color.
Where do these verses meet?
By adding one another
you'll find the task complete.
Where other cheeses waiver,
where others fail to please,
There's one with strength and flavour:
Hat's off to Brown Goat Cheese!



11 comments:

Jan Robert (Robby) Heiberg said...

Petra - that was an awesome poem :). Keep it up!

joar andré said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joar andré said...

nice!! yesterday i finished the last bit of the yummy goat cheese that Robby brought me... now i have to live without it until the middle of february

Petraglyph said...

I'm glad you liked the poem. :-) What a tragedy, Joar! At least you have February to look forward to...

Kristin said...

Wow Petra... :) Once again I'm amazed at what a fun creation you've managed to put together. Thanks for the fun poem :)

Paul said...

brown cheese is good, but I like marmite better.

Kristin said...

I'm gonna take a wild guess that that comment from "Paul" was in fact Petra posing as Paul :)

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Petra - It's the best. I've found a store in Orlando that sells brown cheese for when I can't stand another moment without it. I now have a blog everyone. It's www.lisaannettethelittlecrabette.blogspot.com

Farf/Morfar said...

Excellent poetry!
But we cannot find Norwegian goat cheese in the vegan recipes in our cookbooks.

Vi fik brev fra dig idag, og det var vi meget glade for. Du er dygtig til at skrive dansk.
Mange tak for brevet. Vi sendte et til dig i går.

Det er spændende med dine planer for brylluppet i maj.

Kærlig hilsen.

Pharm & Farf

Chopsticks on Oboe said...

Pet, that was awesome!
Brown cheese really is the best cheese around, but I must say that Marmite surpasses all Palegg's around! (sorry, I don't have an essential letter on my keyboard to spell Palegg correctly)