Friday, November 30, 2007

Our Garbage Disposal...






Eager to reduce the amount we send to landfill every week, Paul and I have taken to sharing our extra food with the neighbors who live behind us. Their culinary tastes are exceedingly diverse. I've always prided myself in the broadness of my palate, but Barbara, Bessy, Belle, Babette, Belinda, Beatrice and Buttercup have far surpassed my expertise. Then again, perhaps they're just too polite to turn down our offerings of onion and banana peels...

6 comments:

Paul said...

They even eat mango pits.

Jan Robert (Robby) Heiberg said...

Haha - you guys are great :D. I especially like the names!

Threads Everywhere said...

Our homegrown garbage disposal, is of a more finicky nature. Yes, she will eat anything, but then we pay for it with vet bills, if it doesn't agree with her. Hopefully the vet hasn't had to call too frequently on the B-ladies.

Lisa said...

I like this way to be green! Very creative.

Caitlin said...

How fun! even mango pits.... is that a bovine bone?

:) Dear Petra, I hope to meet you someday! It has been wonderful to meet your parents, and I absolutely love being next door to Martina! She is a jewel to be treasured!

Keeks said...

So these are your bovine friends!